5 Tips To Keep Cockroaches From Ruining Your 4th Of July
What is it that makes cockroaches so repulsive and creepy? Maybe it's their flat sleek-looking bodies and tiny heads. Perhaps it is the way they shoot across floors at lighting speeds. It could even be the bone-chilling noise they make in large groups. Whatever it is that makes cockroaches creepy, one thing is certain: they are unwelcome in your home. Today we will be providing some ways to keep these tiny horrors at bay. We hope it helps.
Why Cockroaches Are A Problem Around Homes
When you think about cockroaches, what problems do you think they cause? If the only problem you can see is that they are scary to look at, let us shed some light on them for you.
The biggest problem cockroaches pose is that they can and commonly do spread diseases. Some of the sicknesses they have been known to transmit come from the simple fact that they spend the majority of their time on either filth or scavenging on the food in your home. It only takes a few footsteps across your leftovers for this food to become contaminated. Some of the common diseases cockroaches have been known to spread include, typhoid, poliomyelitis, dysentery, and Salmonella.
How To Keep Cockroaches Out Of Your Home
If you have been waiting for our 5 tips to keep cockroaches out of your home this 4th of July, you have made it. Here they are.
- Before you have any guests over, clean as much as possible and make sure not to miss under refrigerators, stoves, and around other hard-to-reach areas where cockroaches love to hide.
- If you have pets, make sure to pick up their bowls after they are done with them as their leftovers can be meals for roaches.
- Be careful not to store leftover foods out on counters where cockroaches can get to them. Instead, store them in airtight containers in your fridge or cabinets.
- Seal up entry points around the exterior of your home. Some trouble spots to look out for include your foundation, around window and door frames, and around utility piping.
- Get a professional pest control provider involved. They will help get your home that extra level of protection it needs to ensure it stays roach free through the holiday.
As for where to go to get your professional pest control, Arrow is here to help. Our technicians have been trained on how to effectively and efficiently treat for roaches around your home.
To get service for your home give us a call today so that you don’t have to think twice about invading roaches.
Request Your FREE Estimate
Our solutions are designed for even your toughest pest problems.
Don’t let pests affect your quality of life, here's how we can help: