Benefits Of Integrated Pest Management For New Jersey Businesses
February 21, 2020
If you've looked into commercial pest control, it is likely that you've heard the term "IPM" thrown around. You may even know that this acronym stands for Integrated Pest Management. But do you know that this approach has become the gold standard in the pest control industry? Do you know how it can give your New Jersey business the greatest possible protection? Let's take a closer look.
IPM Is Pest Management
This method of pest control aims to manage organisms below desirable thresholds, not to completely eradicate all organisms present. This is why it is called pest management. There are many pests that can be beneficial when they are properly controlled. Bats, for instance, help control mosquito populations. If bats are properly excluded from the structures on your property, they will be a benefit to have around, especially if your customers enjoy your services outside. The goal should not be to eliminate bats; it should be to use bats as part of your preventative strategy. IPM takes advantage of many forms of biological control, all the way down to microbiological organisms that feed on the organic matter in your drains. Bioremediation, animal management, structural modifications, and exclusion services all work together to provide effective and sustainable pest control.
IPM Is Integrated
Integrated Pest Management relies on a range of methods to give long-lasting and eco-friendly control of pests. It uses the bioremediation and exclusion methods listed above, along with proper sanitation, staff training, cultural control, routine inspections, ongoing monitoring, detailed record-keeping, and the limited and targeted use of EPA approved pest control products as necessary. All of these control strategies are integrated to provide the greatest amount of control with the least amount of chemicals.
Simple Benefits Of IPM
- When you have IPM at the core of your pest control strategy, there are many immediate benefits.
- Attacks the cause of pest problems, not the symptom, resulting in lower pest exposure for customers and employees
- Ensures a healthier environment for children and seniors, which will have a positive impact on parents and family
- Reduces the potential for chemical exposure to surfaces in sensitive locations within medical facilities
- Reduces expenditures for pesticides
- Creates a higher level of food safety from farm to table
- Increases consumer confidence, which may allow you to charge more for your products or services
- Reduces the potential for environmental contamination, particularly soil contamination, which can have many repercussions
- Reduces the likelihood that chemical-resistant pests will develop a resistance to the pesticides used
- Creates a natural and sustainable resistance to pest pressures
Arrow Commercial Pest Control
At Arrow Pest Control, Integrated Pest Management is at the core of what we do. When you have our team handle your pest control needs, you can trust that eco friendly, green pest control will be our first priority. We use a process of detailed inspections, threat analysis, and ongoing monitoring and evaluations to reduce insect and rodent activity below the desired threshold. Comprehensive reporting is done through the process. This documentation can be viewed online to keep you informed about the status of your pest control plan, and also to provide you with recommendations for management and employees.
Are you ready to take the next step? If so, reach out to us today and schedule a consultation. We look forward to the opportunity of working with you and developing a customized integrated pest control plan for your commercial or public facility. There is no better way to control pests than with modern Integrated Pest Management methods and strategies. Get your plan in place today.