Why Are Rodents Attracted To My Home?
Have you ever stood in the kitchen, maybe pouring yourself a cup of coffee, and see the telltale signs of a rodent infestation? A common sight in a home that has rodents is mice droppings on the kitchen counter, but the damages caused by rodents in the house go well beyond the unsanitary conditions of their feces.
How Do I Make My Home Less Appealing To Rodents?
Rodents look for shelter, food, and water. When they find an area that offers everything they need to survive, they take up residence, have babies, and grow their families at an alarming rate! Unfortunately, rodents need all of the same things we need, and therefore our homes are extremely attractive to them. We can take steps, however, to make our homes a little less attractive. Since rodents are not picky eaters, it’s imperative that you seal anything that may be edible. Here are some tips for preventing rodents in your home:
- Thoroughly wash all food preparation services and eating areas
- Vacuum floors daily
- Take garbage out and keep lids on garbage bins
- Wash dishes at least once daily, but ideally after every meal to eliminate crumbs
- Keep all pantry items and pet foods in tightly sealed glass or plastic containers
- Look for access points of at least 1/4" and seal them with caulk or other materials - remember, mice only need tiny openings to get into your home!
- Use door sweeps and weather stripping around doors
- Keep your home tidy and uncluttered to reduce the possible hiding places for rodents
- Store holiday decorations and extra clothing in tightly sealed plastic bins in the garage, attics, or closets
- Keep tree limbs and bushes trimmed and a minimum of six feet away from the roof as rodents can jump
Solving NJ Rodent Problems For More Than 40 Years
Because rodents reproduce so quickly, we often recommend that homeowners call for rodent control services at the first sign of a rodent. Arrow Pest Control can help you get the population of rodents under control before they continue to reproduce and expand their families in your home. When you call us, you can feel confident that our team of experienced and educated pest control technicians is standing by to eliminate any size of rodent infestation. We will also help you determine how the rodents are gaining access to your home and implement an exclusion plan to stop them from getting in. Rodents are a menace, so take action now and protect yourself and your property; get rid of those rodents today!
Request Your FREE Estimate
Our solutions are designed for even your toughest pest problems.
Don’t let pests affect your quality of life, here's how we can help: